Getting Rid of My Glasses! My Natural Eyesight Improvement Journey



Hello, friends family fans and followers. I have something fun and exciting to talk to you guys about today. I am starting a new journey so that you guys can keep me accountable. I need your help to keep me accountable. I mean because this is going to be long and it's going to be arduous. But I have a goal in mind and I want to achieve it and I need you guys to help me. So I figured if I make this public then you guys can help keep me accountable. So if you don't recognize me it's because I'm not wearing my glasses and no I'm not wearing my contacts. And no I cannot see I have a prescription my own myopia prescription. I do not have astigmatism but I am myopic and I have a negative three point to 5 in one eye and a negative four-point seventy-five. And the other eye. So I have a pretty high prescription and I have quite a big difference in my eyes. I've been wearing glasses since I was about 7 or 9. I can't remember exactly but it was in early childhood that I started wearing glasses and I wore them all the time except for when I was sleeping until now and I'm 33 now. So I've been wearing them for many many years and I recently came across a technique called the Bates method and it's been around for a long time it's been around since the early nineteen hundreds it was started by William Bates and he was an optimal allergist and he was seeing how people who wore glasses.

The glasses didn't help their eyesight continued to worsen and worsen over the years. And the glasses actually made their eye muscles weaker. And so I was noticing that every time I went to the eye doctor they would give me a higher prescription and I thought OK well this can't continue that much longer. I mean I'm in my early 30s what are my eyes going to be by the time I'm 50. So I started researching and I started thinking well one it's not sustainable. I mean I don't know if anybody out there are preppers if you're worried about the economy if you're worried about maybe not having access to medical care always or if you're just interested in saving money or if you're just interested in taking more control of your own health and not always being dependent on the medical system or dependent on crutches and on assistive devices that you really it turns out don't need and can actually get away from. So I've been researching and studying the Bates method and the Bates method is not about I exercise it's not about strengthening your eye muscles it's actually about relaxation and how blurry vision myopia nearsightedness farsightedness.

Those are actually caused by muscles that are too tight that are strained that are holding you're squeezing your eyeball in an unnatural position that's not allowing you to focus on things near and things far. They're kind of stuck in one spot so you can focus on things that are close but you can't focus on things that are far or vice versa because those muscles are tensed and stuck and strained and so the Bates method is all about relaxation. It's about consciously learning to relax your eyes to relax your eye muscles to use your eyes in a natural way not straining not staring not squinting. And so I am going to be going on this journey and the first step is to stop wearing your glasses. So I have stopped wearing my glasses and because of the degree of my prescription, I can't see clearly past about two feet from my face. So when I'm cooking when I'm cleaning or whatever I'm doing around the house I. Everything is blurry to me and that's just something that I have to do and if you're going to do this you have to accept. What you can't see except what is blurry and appreciate what you can't see.


So when I'm reading this book I can hold it here and I can read it and I can see it clearly and I'm thankful for that and I'm going to be working to be able to regain my eyesight. And so if you want to join me just comment and I'll tell you some of the resources that I found and some of the things I'm using. If you just want to encourage me I'd love to have your comments of encouragement as well. If you have questions I know a lot of people have questions about this. I can point you to other people who have more answers than ideas and I'm just getting started. But this is the book that I bought. It's actually a pretty good sized book. I when I bought it I thought it was just maybe a little book but it's a pretty good sized book called Give up your glasses for good. And this is by Nathan Ochs and Feld and he has Web site it's called integral eyesight. Dotcom and I will put a link to that in the description below this video. And this is it basically a manual on how to do the Bates method and improve your eyesight and get rid of your glasses for good.

And he is a certified Bates method instructor and he learned from someone who learned from someone who learned from someone who learned from Bates himself. So he's in the direct lineage of Bates method instructors and I had an hour and a half consultation with him via Skype a couple of days ago and it was very helpful and he provides video coaching and one on one instruction he provides online instruction so you can be anywhere and he can help you go through this. So I'm starting by getting this book I'm going to be working through it. It has detailed descriptions of the exercises so that you know you're doing them correctly. This is great for me. It has a checklist so every day you can mark off which exercises you did and that helps also keep you accountable. I have an eye chart up in my home so that I can measure my improvement as it goes along.

So that's what I'm doing.

I just wanted to let you guys know that one so you can keep me accountable too so maybe you can join me. I'd love to have you join me if you want to comment and commit and we'll do it together. I think that would be awesome. I'll be sharing my progress probably every couple weeks just let you know how things are going. I'm going to be looking at some other tools to help me as far as wellness support nutritional supplements oils that kind of thing. And I'll let you know what I found that works that help. It doesn't work. So that's it. Thanks for watching and I'm super excited and I hope you go and do some research and find out about these eye crutches there I crutches and that you may not really need them and it's super exciting.

Post a Comment

0 Comments